Welcome to i-Tree Canopy! v7.1
Estimate tree cover and tree benefits for a given area with a random sampling process that lets you easily classify ground cover types.
- Select from existing geographic boundaries, draw your own project area boundaries onto Google Maps, or load an ESRI shapefile.
- You can use multiple, non-overlapping boundaries at the same time.
- i-Tree Canopy randomly generates sample points and zooms to each one so you can choose from your pre-defined list of cover types for that spot.
- With i-Tree Canopy, you review Google Maps aerial photography at random points to conduct a cover assessment within a defined project area.
- 500-1000 survey points are suggested; the more points you complete, the better your cover estimate for your study area.
- If estimating tree cover, tree benefits can also be estimated.
- Learn how i-Tree Canopy works.
- Video Learning Resources
i-Tree and its partners do no endorse any specific web-browser, but i-Tree Canopy has been tested to work well with modern versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari. Please use the Feedback form to report issues.
Warning: i-Tree Canopy can be very data intensive. It is not recommended for use on metered plans that charge based on the amount loaded.